Your use of this Cosmos Bank Website is subject to the conditions and qualifications described below. By using this website, you agree to accept such conditions and qualifications.
I understand and accept that The Cosmos Co-operative Bank Ltd the Bank maintains the website (http://www.cosmosbank.com) going ahead referred to as ("the Site" or "the bank website") to provide visitors with information about the Bank, its services and products and to facilitate communication with the Bank, and availing its services. I also accept that visitors to the Site are required to read the below terms, and use of the Site constitutes, my acceptance and agreement to be bound by such terms, and the changes therein to the Website Usage Terms from time to time, relating to my usage of the website as communicated and made available on the Bank’s website.
I am aware and accept that all information, contents, materials, products (including, but not limited to text, content, photographs, graphics, video and audio contents) on the website is protected by copyright in favor of the Bank, under applicable copyright laws and are also protected otherwise under general Intellectual Property Law.
I understand and accept that all information submitted by me through the Bank’s Website shall be deemed to be the property of the Bank and (the Bank shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, knowhow or techniques provided by me at the Site, in any manner whatsoever).
On initiating a contact through the Bank website,I agree to being contacted by the Bank or any other entities with whom the Bank has entered into an agreement.
I (User) shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of other, publish, post,distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by Intellectual Property Laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programmes that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services or conduct or forward surveys, contents, or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user or a Forum that you know, or reasonably should know, that cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- I agree that I shall not copy, reproduce, sell, redistribute, publish, enter into a database, displays, perform, modify, transmit, license, create derivatives form, transfer or in any way exploit any part of any information, contents, materials, services available from or through the Bank's Website, except that which I may download for my own personal, non-commercial use.
- I agree that I will not use the Bank's Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Website Usage Terms. I also agree that I will not use the Bank’s Website in any manner that could damage, disable or impair the Website or interfere with any other party's use or enjoyment of the Website.
- I acknowledge that the software and hardware underlying the Bank’s Website as well as other Internet related softwares which are required for accessing the Website are the legal property of the respective Vendors/Bank. The permission given by the Bank to access the Bank's Website will not convey any proprietary or ownership rights in the above software/hardware. I agree that I shall not attempt to modify, translate, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the software/hardware underlying the Bank’s Website or create any derivative product based on the software/ hardware.
- I understand and accept that not all the products and services offered on this Website are available in all geographical areas and I may not be eligible for all the products or services offered by the Bank, on the Website. The Bank reserves the right to determine the availability and eligibility for any product or service.
- I am aware that the Bank, proposes to use “cookies” (Cookies are small data files that a Website stores on my computer) for storing visitor preferences, profiling visitors and tracking visitor behavior on the Website. By visiting the Website I acknowledge, accept and expressly authorize the Bank for the placement of cookies on my computer.
- I understand and accept that the Bank, is not responsible for the availability of contents or other services on third party sites linked from the Website. I am aware that my access of hyperlinks to other internet sites are at my own risk and the contents accuracy, opinions expressed and other links provided by these sites are not verified, monitored or endorsed by the Bank, in any way. The Bank, does not make any warranties, and expressly disclaims all warranties expressed or implied, including without limitation, those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement with respect to any information or services or products that are available or advertised or sold through these third party Websites.
- Although the Bank, will take serious steps to prevent the introduction of viruses, vandals, worms, “Trojan Horses” or other destructive materials to this Site, it does not guarantee or warrant that this Website or the materials that may be downloaded from this website do not contain such destructive features. The Bank, is not liable for any damages or harm attributable to such features. I am aware that I will be solely responsible for any damages arising out of any such harmful materials.
- I (User) will verify / make my own personal inquiries before taking any action or making any final decision with respect to any matter on the Website.
- The Bank shall not be liable if any transaction does not fructify or may not be completed or for any failure on part of the Bank to perform any of its obligations under these terms and conditions or those applicable specifically to its services/facilities, if performance is prevented, hindered or delayed by a Force Majeure event (defined below) and in such case its obligations shall be suspended for so long as the Force Majeure event continues.
- "Force Majeure Event" means any event due to any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Bank, including without limitations, unavailability of any communication systems, breach, or virus in the processes or payment or delivery mechanism, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of god, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of Government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage devices, computer crashes, malfunctioning in the computer terminal or the systems getting affected by any malicious, destructive or corrupting code or program, mechanical or technical errors/ failures or power shut down, faults or failures in telecommunication etc.
- I understand and accept that the Bank has the absolute discretion to amend or supplement any of the Website Usage Term at any time and will give prior notice of 30 days for such changes. Changed Terms and Conditions shall be communicated to me on the Bank's Website and by other acceptable modes of communication. By using the services, I shall be deemed to have accepted the changed Website Usage Terms.
- I understand and agree that those Website Usage Terms are in addition to, and not in derogation of, the applicable Terms and Conditions relating to my usage of the Bank’s any other services that I to may be currently availing or may in the future avail, including without limitation the Net Banking Service.
- I accept that the Courts in Pune shall have exclusive jurisdiction as regards any claims or matters arising out of dealings with the Bank and all disputes will be governed by the Law of India.
1. Who are covered under this statement?
All persons (natural & artificial) i.e. covered persons whose personal information is either collected/ received/ possessed/ stored/ dealt in/ handled by The Cosmos Co-operative Bank Ltd (the Bank) or who visit the site (www.cosmosbank.com) and provide information to the Bank in online mode, are covered under this statement.
2. Information covered by this statement
This statement seeks to cover personal information of the covered persons provided to the Bank as also any information collected by the Bank’s server from the visitor’s browser, it means any of the following:
- Personal/ private information of the covered person
- Sensitive personal data or information
3. Definitions used under this statement
"Personal information" means any information that relates to a covered person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
"Sensitive personal data or information" of a person means such personal information which consists of information relating to:
- Financial information such as Bank account/ credit card/ debit card/ other payment instrument details.
Features of the statement:
1. When you visit this website, the Bank may collect personal information about you, either directly (where you are asked to provide the information) or indirectly. While information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide superior services, our most important asset is our customer's 'Trust'. The Bank will only use personal information in accordance with the purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement and is committed to safeguarding the personal information collected following strict standards of security and confidentiality.
2. We will limit the collection and use of customer's personal/ sensitive information to the minimum required to deliver superior services to our customers, which includes advising the Bank's customers about our products, services and other opportunities, and to administer our business.
3. The Bank agrees to safeguard and ensure the security of the information provided by the customer. The Bank uses 256-bit encryption, for the transmission of the information.
4. We will permit only authorised users, who are trained in proper handling of customer information, to have access to said information. Such users who violate the Bank’s Privacy Statement will be subject to our disciplinary action.
5. In order to maintain the security of our systems, protect our staff, record transactions, and, in certain circumstances, to prevent and detect crime or unauthorized activities, the Bank reserves the right to monitor all internet communications including web and email traffic into its domains.
6. The Bank respects the privacy of your personal information. Any personal information provided by you to the Bank through this website will be used solely for the purpose of providing you with the services you have requested at this website and for other related purposes including improving the design and marketing of our range of services and related products for customer use, updating and enhancing the Bank's records, development of web statistics, understanding your financial needs, advising you of other products and services which may be of interest to you and for fraud prevention purposes.
7. The Bank may also share your Information without obtaining your prior written consent, with government agencies mandated under the law to obtain information for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences, or where disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation. Any information may be required to be disclosed to any third party by us by an order under the law for the time being in force.
8. We will not reveal customer information to any external organization/ third party service providers of the Bank unless we have previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements, or authorized by the customer, or are required by law. The Bank disclaims any liability arising from use or disclosure of information to any external organization.
9. The customer authorizes the Bank to exchange, share, part with all information related to the details and transaction history of the customers to its financial institutions/ credit bureaus/ agencies/ participation in any telecommunication or electronic clearing network/ banking, credit cards, consumer finance, insurance and securities or as may be required by law, customary practice, credit reporting, statistical analysis and credit scoring, verification or risk management.
10. The Bank disclaims any liability for any damage or loss suffered by the customer as a result of sharing of information with any of the parties as mentioned above.
11. The customers shall not disclose to any other person, in any manner whatsoever, any information, relating to the Bank or its group companies, of a confidential nature obtained in the course of availing the services through the website. Failure to comply with this obligation shall be deemed a serious breach of the terms herein and shall entitle the Bank or its group companies to terminate the services, without prejudice to any damages, to which the customer may be entitled otherwise.
12. It is recommended that the customers necessarily choose their passwords carefully so that no unauthorized access is made by a third party. To make the password complex and difficult for others to guess, the customers should use combination of alphabets, numbers and special characters (e.g. !, @, #, $ etc.). The customers should undertake not to disclose their password to anyone or keep any written or other record of the password such that a third party could access it.
13. Data provided by the customers is retained as long as the purpose for which the data was collected continues. The data is then destroyed unless its retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements or to protect the Bank's interests.
14. Please note that this Privacy Statement does not extend to third party sites linked to this web site.
15. If Customer wish to access or correct or delete any of their personal data held by us, or if customer have any questions concerning our Privacy Statement please contact customer home branch or email the requirement to: email@example.com.
16. The Bank reserves the right to amend sections of its prevailing Privacy Statement at any time and will place any such amendments on this website. Please check this statement from time to time for any changes. The effective date of this statement, as stated below, indicates the last time this statement was revised or materially changed. Checking the effective date below allows you to determine whether there have been changes since the last time you reviewed the statement. The statement shall be effective from 1st September 2016.
18. We will use the information stored in the cookies to improve visitor experience through throwing up relevant content wherever possible. We will also use the cookies to store visitor preferences to ease visitor navigation on the site.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By accessing this site and any pages thereof, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below. You may download material displayed on the Site for non commercial, personal use only, provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, report, or use the contents of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without written permission
Copyright (c) The Cosmos Co-operative Bank Ltd., All Rights Reserved
Copyright of the contents on the displaying pages of this Site and information submitted to bank via this site shall be deemed and remain the property of The Cosmos Co-operative Bank Ltd. unless otherwise indicated.
The Cosmos Co-operative Bank Ltd and the logo are registered trademarks and service marks.
Use Of Information And Material
The information and material contained on this website should not be regarded as an offer, solicitation, invitation, advice or recommendation to buy or sell any instruments or banking products of The Cosmos Co-operative Bank Ltd.
The information and materials displayed on these pages – and the terms, conditions, and descriptions that appear – are subject to change. Not all products and services are available in all geographical areas. Your eligibility for particular products and services is subject to final determination and acceptance by The Cosmos Co-operative Bank Ltd. and subject to the contractual terms and conditions on which they are offered.
The material and information contained on this web site is provided for general information only and should not be used as a basis for making business decisions.
Any advice or information received via this web site should not be relied upon without consulting primary or more accurate or more up-to-date sources of information or specific professional advice. You are recommended to obtain such professional advice where appropriate.
The information and material available on this website is "as is", "as available". Information is attempted to be kept as up to date as possible. However the Bank does not warrant the same may be prevalent or is in continuum at the time of decision by the user of this site.
The Cosmos Co-operative Bank Ltd. accepts no liability and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly (including special, incidental or consequential loss or damage) from your use of this web site, howsoever arising, and including any loss, damage or expense arising from, but not limited to, any defect, error, imperfection, fault, mistake or inaccuracy with this web site, its contents or associated services, or due to any unavailability of the web site or any part thereof or any contents or associated services.
The Cosmos Co-operative Bank Ltd. does not guarantee that any e-mails from the web site will be received by The Cosmos Co-operative Bank Ltd. nor does The Cosmos Co-operative Bank Ltd warrant the privacy and/or security of e-mails during internet transmission.
2. By submitting any content, the user/s is/are deemed to have given the Bank an unlimited and irrevocable license to use, execute, show, modify and transmit such content, information, material or comments, including any underlying idea, concept or know-how. The Bank reserves the right to use such information in the way it chooses.
3. The Bank internally disclaims any responsibility for any content available on or through any social media sites, including contents that may be provided by us, submissions necessary to be classified from third parties, and hyperlink embedded in such third party content. Links to third party web sites do not imply any approval or endorsement by the Bank of the linked sites, even if they may contain the Bank’s logo, as such sites are beyond the Bank’s control. Thus, the Bank cannot be held responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained therein.
4. We reserve the right to remove any content/s including but not limited to posts and/or photographs, and/or videos, regardless of the identity of the person posting such content/s which in the Bank's sole opinion and discretion:
- Violate any federal, state, local and/or international law or regulation.
- Violate another’s copyright, trademark or intellectual property;
- disclose confidential proprietary information of the Bank or its clients,
- are libelous, defamatory, harassing, threatening, obscene, disparaging, or hateful;
- are of a sexual, racial, religious, or other nature involving a protected classification;
- are fraudulent, deceptive or misleading;
- contain spam or are intended to cause technical disruptions to the page;
- condone or promote illegal activity;
- are off topic;
5. Please note that the Bank does not endorse any opinion/s on this page which are not specifically posted by it. Additionally, the Bank is not responsible for the accuracy of the claims, information, advice or comments posted by followers and visitors of the page. Anyone repeatedly posting material that falls into the above categories will be removed and banned from participating on social media page.
6. The Bank will not be liable for any damages, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental, including but not limited to loss of profits or revenues, business interruption, loss of data arising out of or in connection with the dependence on any content posted on this platform.
9. Effective 31 August, 2015 this policy shall apply to all the content/s posted on various social media channels of the Bank (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Blog or any other social media that may be introduced in future) by any social media provider.